The Western world is slowly embracing meditation as modern science catches up with this ancient practice.
Mindfulness meditation can help you in finding your way to better health by training the mind to focus on the moment to moment experience, without being swept away by judgments. The brain changes physically in response to experience. This is called neuroplasticity and is possible through the whole lifespan, not just in childhood as previously thought. By meditating regularly, you can actually change your brain! That’s pretty exciting!
Improvements gained by Meditation include:
- Physiological, neurological and psychological research tells us the effects of meditation practice;
- Lowers BP and HR
- Moderates muscle tension and physical stress
- Moderates intensity of physical pain
- Benefits the immune system and promotes healing
- Eases headaches and migraine
- Harmonises the endocrine system
- Improves breathing and relieves asthma
- Improves concentration and recall and promotes creativity
- Moderates anxiety and promotes self confidence
- Regulates mood
- Stabilises the mind and improves resilience